Interest & Penalities
According to the law, your tax account is subject to interests and penalities, and this also includes invoicing for transfer tax / welcome tax (articles 246 and 247 of the Act respecting municipal taxation).
The law also provides that it is the responsibility of the ratepayer to ensure that all tax payments are made within the prescribed timeframe, even if he/she has not received a statement or invoice.
Also, the Municipality cannot remit or credit any interest for any reason – more precisely, according to article 981 of the Municipal Code of Quebec, neither Council nor a municipal officer can remit interest on a ratepayer’s account.
- The property tax rate is set at $0,56 per $100 of assessment value
- The minimum tax remained unchanged
- Minimal tax is set at 28$/year
- Fire protection service tax is set at 105$/year
- Administration of the Transfer Site 99$/year
- Water supply tax base rate is 425$
- Service tax for sewer is 330$
- Long-term debt tax for drinking water project is set at 255$ per unit
- The interest rate to be 18%
Tax invoices can be paid with :
- The Caisses Populaires Desjardins du Québec
- Internet (Accèes D)
- Debit Card
- Laurentian Bank
- National Bank
- Bank of Nova Scotia
- TD Bank
Change of address
Owners are responsible for contacting the municipality to report mailing address changes. The Municipality of L’Isle-aux-Allumettes is not responsible for the consequences related to issuing correspondence or tax invoices to an incorrect address, unless it has been advised in writing of the address change.
Property tax accounts under $300
- To be paid in full
- On April 1st
Proper tax accounts above $300
- Can be paid in three installments
- 1st amount due April 1st,
- 2nd amount due July 1st,
- 3rd amount due September 1st,
* Please note that your account can be paid in full if you prefer.
As permitted by law, if an installment is not made within the prescribed timeframe, the entire amount becomes due for payment.
Municipal office : Director General, Alicia Jones, (819-689-2266 ext 103). The opening hours are from Monday to Friday, 8 am to 12 pm and from 1 pm to 4 pm. The office closes at noon on Fridays, from the first week in June to the first week in September.