COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
The Municipality of L’Isle-aux-Allumettes is looking for a Community Development Officer / Coordinator to oversee the development and execution of projects and events related to family, seniors, youth services as well as municipal revitalization, marketing and communication activities.
The Community Development Officer will provide a range of services such as:
- Facilitate, coordinate and execute the implementation of projects, events and activities;
- Consult with and support non-profit and local organizations and support their volunteer activities;
- Perform research for and administration of grants from various funding bodies for the implementation of projects, programs, events and new infrastructure for the Municipality and for its local organizations;
- Plan, direct, monitor and ensure the quality of external communications for the various Municipality medium;
- Coordinate the content of the website, social media, telephone, newsletters and contribute to all their maintenance and ensure frequent regular updates;
- Perform other related duties at the request of the Director General.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES:
- College degree in leisure, recreation, communications or administration or any other related field;
- Relevant experience of three (3) to five (5) years;
- Computer skills of the Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and proven adaptability to new technologies;
- Mastery of the French & English languages, both oral and written;
- Ability to take initiative, have a strong sense of organization and responsibility to manage multiple files simultaneously.
- Be available to work outside conventional office hours.
This is a permanent position at 35 hours per week, starting immediately, remuneration according to the salary scale currently in effect. We also offer a comprehensive benefit and pension package.
Applications will be accepted until 12:00 pm on Monday, May 16th, 2022, by e-mail at email@example.com or to the following address:
Alicia Jones, Director General
Municipality of L’Isle-aux-Allumettes
75, rue Notre-Dame
L’Isle-aux-Allumettes, Quebec J0X 1M0
We would like to thank all applicants; however only candidates selected for the interview will be contacted.