It is very important to give your exact location when an emergency occurs. If you are using a cell phone, please also state that you are in Quebec.
Civil Security Plan
Local Municipalities, in accordance with the law regarding civil security (RLRQ, c. S‑2.3), are responsible for civil security on their territories. The Municipality of L’Isle-aux-Allumettes has a joint plan with the Municipalities of Sheenboro and Chichester in order to maximize efficiency and share services and resources.
We recognise that we can be affected by a disaster at any time and the importance of preparing for such situations. The measures that the Municipality has put in place and the guidelines outlined in our plan are conforming to the regulations of the By-Law regarding alert systems, mobilisation and minimum rescue procedures, for the protection of persons and property in the event of a disaster.
Chief of Police, Martin Parent, reminds everyone to call the Surete right away, if you witness a crime, or a crime is committed against you.
Animal control officer
Jacques Fortin (1-819-665-8333). Leave a message and he will return your call.
Fire Safety Cover Plan
The “Fire Safety Cover Plan” as required by the Province, began implementation in 2011. We are now required to meet new standards in qualifications, training, inspections of buildings, vehicles and equipment. As a result, we will be purchasing a new pumper. We will also be setting up a program to inspect all buildings for fire alarms and fire hazards. These standards result in an increased workload for our firemen, and an increased cost in wages, vehicles and equipment. The fire service levy has, therefore, been increased from $95 to $105.
For further information you can contact the municipality of L’Isle-aux-Allumettes at: 819-689-2266
Public safety and security
The municipality’s goal is to promote safety and security for families and seniors throughout the region and on our roads.
- Support a senior fraud prevention program.
- Establish Cottage Watch and Neighbourhood Watch programs.
- Support the volunteer firefighter house call visit program.
- Emergency Preparedness plans to include outreach to all seniors residing in the municipality.
- Support child car seat safety clinics on an annual basis.
- Support the acquisition of a local driving test facility for seniors and youth.
- Review area speed limits and signage to ensure safety of residents is prioritized, especially on St. Jacques Street in front of St. Alphonsus Church and the corner of Pembroke Road and St. Jacques Street.
- Review the speed limit, signage and need for a crosswalk at Demers Centre where Pembroke Road crosses Range V.
- Increase police surveillance so there is regular patrolling in our municipality.
- Identify other zones where pedestrian crossings and children at play signs are needed to insure safety, e.g. École Notre Dame du Sacre Coeur, Harrington Community Centre.
- Increase the number of sidewalks within the town of Chapeau.
Fire chiefCell: 613-639-1228; Chapeau 819-689-2530; Chichester 819-689-5310 email@example.com