Forestry is no longer the main source of employment on the Island, and now the main source is agriculture, and the business of tourism is on the rise. Covering 185.87 km2 (2006 Census), L’Isle-aux-Allumettes is a land rich in natural beauty and resources but lacking economic opportunity. The population is very stable, with 1,260 residents reporting they have resided at the same address as one year ago (2006 Census) and 1,055 residents lived at the same address five years ago.
Investors and promoters, we invite you to discover, in our vast, bilingual territory, business prospects the limits of which you can only imagine.
Regional County Municipality of Pontiac
Phone number : 819-648-5689
Fax. : 819-648-5810
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.mrcpontiac.qc.ca
Family & senior friendly economic development
The municipality will promote and develop local business that is family and senior friendly.
- Development of main street including handicap access.
- Attract businesses, beautify the town, and install sidewalks.
- Sponsor Community Clean up Day-free garbage bags, pickup along the roads.
- Support the development of green business.
- Improve zoning for business without negatively impacting citizen’s quality of life.
- Support job creation for youth and adults.
- Promote youth employment to local businesses.
- Student summer employment with the municipality.
- Promote everything; publicity that is wide reaching.
- Communicate with businesses to promote handicap access and family/senior friendly businesses.
- Support the establishment of a farmer’s market.